Our organization became a chartered member of Boys Clubs of America in July 1976. We changed our name to Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Louisiana in September 1990 to reflect the name change and trend of our national organization: Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
We currently operate one unit in the Central Louisiana area in Alexandria. The Alexandria (City Park) unit is at 1801 Sylvester Street. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Louisiana, Inc. is a private non-profit 501 (C) (3) organization, recognized by the Internal Revenue Service and the State of Louisiana. We receive financial support from concerned and generous individuals and corporations within our region, and various grants from sources such as the City of Alexandria; The Rapides Foundation; Louisiana Charities Trust; Walmart; JCPenney; Coca-Cola of Alexandria; Procter & Gamble, Rotary Club-Downtown Alexandria, Junior League; Staples, and Best Buy. We are a United Way member agency.